This is a journal of David, Cristita, Andrew and Ashley Rumptz we have lived all over the world.

Monday, March 03, 2008

More Ramblings sorry not in order

About the no car theft- One of my buddies puts it this way "We live in a Police State." I do not see police presence but I think most people who come here do come from countries where they do live in a real police state- Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia - that they just keep that mentality going. I really do not think this is a police stat as I have said it is all very laid back here but the people who work here also know they could get bounced out in 30 minutes no matter if they have lived and worked here for 30 years. It is all combines to the mentality here of be a good guest.

Oh and that will bounce you out applies to me as well. This is where I get confused about how much I should get used to my new salary. I have a great salary but I am worried I might be bounced at any moment. I know I am a bit paranoid but I do know of people who have lost their jobs this year- we hired one in fact. So it dose happen to western “professionals” just as it happens to Arabic professionals and migrant workers alike. That being said I enjoy that we all share a common bond. It is going to sound weird but I am glad that my job is not protected by positive discrimination. It makes it a lot easier working with the Arabic professionals knowing (hopefully they know) that we both could be bounced. It means they cannot pull the “Well, you are white and are protected” crap on me in meetings. We are in the same boat and we both sink or float together.

Picture of kids and cat attached finally.

Trust me you have only begun to know how much paper work is involved. I have to say it amazed me the amount we had to fill out over the 12 years. It will boggle your mind as well. Just to be safe KEEP EVERYTHING! I am serious you will want to keep any evidence that you build up over the years. It should be easier for you as you will not live out of the US like. I think it will be a lot easier as your home – home is in the USA.

Anyway I would like to go to both weddings the one in the states and the one in China. I am not that far from China so it is possible. I also get 44 days of vacation a year so it should not be too hard to get the time off. But the family will have a harder time getting there as they are constricted by school schedules. Let me know as far in advance as you ca as we need to figure out school schedules.

Rumptz

No comments: