This is a journal of David, Cristita, Andrew and Ashley Rumptz we have lived all over the world.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Budapest - Christmas Market St Stephen’s Square Dec 17, 2013


Budapest - Christmas Market St Stephen’s Square Dec 17, 2013



After our visit in and around the Hungarian Parliament (and Tesco) we headed back to the apartment to have dinner and relax. As I had been suffering from jet lag I started to get very tired around 5 pm and to avoid sleeping too early I decided that I needed to get out again. I also wanted to see the Christmas market at night time when the light would be much more visible. Notice I said “night” time when it was only 5 pm! After some coaxing I got Tita to come along with me, but there was no budging the kids. I cannot say that I blame them they had warmth and a good internet connection to play games on and they had done a bit of sightseeing that day anyway.
 
 
 
Off to the subway, I have said it before the subway system is pretty darn good here we never seem to have to wait for more than a minute or two for a subway car and the rides are something like $1.35!



 
We had been to the St Stephen’s Basilica before - on the first day - but had not actually checked out the Christmas market. I have to say that I am glad we came at “night” as the market takes on a much more interesting hue. With all the Christmas lights and the light from the booths it is a different atmosphere and I would say a more Christmassy one as well. 
 
 


    While we were walking around the square the chuch bell rang out the hour of 6 pm - I know I was up very late indeed- and then they started a light show on the Church itself.
 
 


   
Sadly I was in home and asleep well before 8 pm and yes I woke up well before 3 am! I am just hopeful that I am not hit by this once we back to the UAE. I am sure Makhaila Rumptz will more than happily keep me company if I cannot sleep.
 

No comments: