This is a journal of David, Cristita, Andrew and Ashley Rumptz we have lived all over the world.

Friday, March 27, 2009

The Offer(s)

CHRISTIANS HAVE ONLY ONE SPOUSE. THIS IS CALLED MONOTONY. > This one sounds like it is from one of my Muslim students who are constantly offering their hands as my second wife.

I think I am a normal looking guy. I know I have some good parts of my looks but I do not think I am all that handsome. I hate to admit it but I have a very low opinion of myself I guess it is what is still left over from failing 3rd grade anyway that is not the point the point is that I get propositions for marriage from my students. As referenced in the above quote.

The part that gets me is they are willing (vying) to be second wife, like that is a non-issue. What the HECK? I mean honestly that is the part I cannot understand. And to tell you the truth I have a hard enough time keeping one wife happy I could not imagine trying to keep two women happy. Furthermore, did I tell you the way they constantly pester you... mister mister me me I need help help me or why do we have to do work at school etc. I would go crazy being married to one of them. They are very high maintenance, and like I need to be around a 20 year old for more than 4 hours a day at work I am WAY too old for that.

No, I have no interest in it. I believe in the sanctity of love and marriage. My days of running around were over a LONG time ago, I am older and somewhat wiser.

Still it boggles my mind when they say "We are Muslim it is OK." How could you sell yourself short like that?

I would ask one of my students about it all (to get a better understanding of their thinking) but then God forbid she would think I was asking her to marry me!

Most language "problems" are really cultural not language related.

And if men can have 2nd wives can women have things on the side as well? Again, I would love to ask one of the women about all of this but I fear for my safety.

No comments: