This is a journal of David, Cristita, Andrew and Ashley Rumptz we have lived all over the world.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Long time no post




Wadi Shik hike

I know this sounds lame but we go on so many great hikes I should keep better records of them and be better about recording the dates and places we go. It is even stranger to think that we only go on ½ to ¼ of the hikes they have every month with the Emirates Natural History Group. But I believe we need to do this for the kids I mean this is some of the best education that my kids can get and it is all free. They see and learn so much every hike. I have so many pictures of the kids listening to Brein (the larder of the trips) it is just unreal. I just feel so lucky to be here in Al Ain and in the situation we are in where I do not have too stressful of a job and the same is true with Tita. Speaking of Tita she totally bailed on us today it was just me and the kids. The thing is we went out on a hike with the group a couple of weeks ago and the hike was LONG and I mean I thought it was long for me.



Today’s hike was long but not that long the big problem was it was about an 1 1/2 - 2 hours drive into Oman. It was a nice hike but we did not get home until 6:30 considering we left at 1 pm it was a long day out.

Anyway I am going to try to possibly start to write down the hikes in a journal of some sort and be better about writing them up when we do go out.

Tomorrows hike is supposed to be harder than today’s but Brein says there is a Wadi that has a big pool so the kids and I could hang there while the rest of the group hikes around.

I felt kind of bad today as we were going home Brein’s car got a flat. We all stopped and check it out. But after I was it was just a flat I told him I was going to get going. He said it was cool but the other people were hanging out with him. Hey it was late and I had 2 kids in the car who had been out all day there was no way I was going to make them sit for an hour in the car then go home. Not going to happen. If it did there would be a lot of pain and screaming and crying and the kids would probably be upset too. Brein said to go and he I thing understood that it was going to get ugly.






Oops I forgot to mention the bees. We stopped by a bee farm under a Acadia tree on the way back to the cars. I was a nice seen and Andrew got some of the bees to land on him. It was cool but Ashley was scared. The cool part in the last picture is the swarm of bees in the tree out of the hive. Brein said that the bees will leave the hive on any sign of distress and then the swarm near it until the drones find a new home.

David Rumptz



No comments: