This is a journal of David, Cristita, Andrew and Ashley Rumptz we have lived all over the world.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Golf

I started playing golf!! Mostly it is for the fun of hanging out with some buddies from work. It is good as we usually do not have to work much on Thursdays so I can play golf while Tita and the kids are in school.

We have two courses here in Al Ain one is a Desert course where they have just made bunkers and "greens" but no grass on anything. Your bring your own Astroturf to drive off. Then you go to where your ball has; landed and put it on the Astroturf to drive again. I have not played the course yet so I do not know what you do for the "greens" as they are all dirt as well. I cannot imagine trying to putt on them. I am going to go out next Friday with a group that plays and see how it goes. Good news is that the Desert course cost only $13 for 18 holes.

Now I have played on the Palm course and it is a golf resort with a club house and everything. This course cost $54 for 18 holes but that gets you a cart that has a GPS unit. It tells you the distance to each of the holes you are playing. Some of the carts have little Aircon units that blow cold air through a tube to the back of your neck, for when you’re playing in the 120 heat! It has greens, fairways roughs, sand traps, and water hazards!!! It is a nice course but it only has 9 holes they are supposed to open the back nine in a few months.

Then believe it or not we have a 3rd golf course!! Well it is really a pitch and put course in the back of the Hilton complex. I have played that twice and it is a a bit of fun and it is free for me as I have a Hilton membership. I even took eh kids out with me once to bash around on the course they had some fun at it.

No comments: